04 November 2007

gotta have it

Yes, I got the book! Here's my latest addition to my library:

101 Designer one-skein Wonders

Edited by Judith Durant

I have wanted a one-skein knitting book ever since I realized that I am an ADD-knitter. I cannot maintain an interest in my knitting project beyond a bundle of yarn . I considered getting the classic book: One Skein since I had this insane urge to knit a cupcake and a felted handbag. But that's about all I want from that book and I knit a cupcake from an online pattern. So I ended up getting what I think is the newest and the hippest book out now about short knitting projects.

There are so many things in there I want to make. I am still a bit fuzzy on yarn weights but I now know I can get a nice skein of yarn and find something neat to make with it. I looked through about a dozen knitting books in the store and this book was the only one that had more than 5 things I want to make.

This book is one of the girly-est book I have. Well maybe tied to my shopaholic books. But the cover has pictures of cute knitted things and yarns. The pages have flowerly patterns and swirly girly fonts. And and and some of the letters are in pink. I am so in love with my girly book. ah...

As much as I like books, I usually don't buy them at full price. So I was especially hesitant getting this one since there are free knitting patterns all over the internet. But I woke up this morning feeling like I had to get this book. It was all windy, cold, and rainy outside but I felt something greater than me dragged me to the bookstore to get this book.

But I did restrain myself from getting a cute notebook I found. It was beautiful and I now regret not getting it.

These are the times when I understand shopaholics. I am lucky though since it is obviously far better to be addicted to books, notebooks, and art supplies than to be drawn to clothes and shoes or electronics. You can never have too many books and the notebooks represent possibilities.

No comments: