30 September 2012

life is a collage

Started reading "the forest for the trees: an editor's advice to writers" by Betsy Keener in order to prepare for a project.. or maybe I just missed writing ... What a tiring self I am living with who needs a reason for everything? Anyway, I am shocked at how much this book can apply to visual artists as much as writers. This can attest to a common foundation in all creative work. Or maybe I just see art everywhere now. My collage and assemblege instructor says the job of the artist, among many things, is to see connections between seemingly unrelated things because in the end everything is somehow related. "Life is a collage anyway," he says... he also says "collage is a painting." So life is a collage; life is a painting. What a terrifying thought.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: